Friday, June 26, 2009

Increase Blog Traffic in 30 Minutes

When I started blogging, I knew there was a science behind it but had no idea what it was! Sound familiar? In about 6 months, I noticed things were starting to turn around. What happened? 3 very encouraging blogging strategies kicked in and I'd like to share them with you:

1. The Forward Principle 
Do you remember the last time you read something so good, you actually forwarded it on to your friends? It might have been funny, educational, or something specific to a need that you and your friends all have.

Next time you write a blog post, ask yourself this question: If someone across the world reads this post, that has no clue who I am, would that person forward this post to their friends?

Remember, content is key and this is one great way to tell if your content is on the mark!

2. Reverse Engineering 
You finished writing. Now it's time for keywords. What do you do, and why do you do it?

I used to ask myself: "What are other people typing into their search bar?" In other words, taking a shot in the dark at guessing how to tag my posts. No traffic- hmmm..... do you understand why?

When it's time to tag your posts, visit your favorite keyword tracker and find out what people are searching for. Then, you can craft keywords that will actually help get your blog found.

3. Blog Directories 
You can spend an entire week submitting your blog URL and RSS feed URL to blog directories and feed sites. Did you know that? I'm not telling you to do spend weeks doing this, rather dedicate some time each day to implementing this strategy into your marketing efforts. It pays off in no time.
3yr Secret Service Veteran. Author and Speaker. 
I help busy people live healthier!

Author of STOP Killing Yourself. http://www.stopkillingyourselfbook.com/ 
Founder of Healthy Habits Blog: http://www.healthyhabitsblog.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment